27 Jul Open Volunteer Opportunity: Associate Board Member
Are you a professional communicator looking to join a board, expand your network, and gain experience in the social impact sector? Are you on a mission to use your powers of persuasion to create positive change? We need you!
The Global Impact Relations Network (GIRN) is seeking out one volunteer to join its Marketing Communications Committee as an Associate Board member. The open role will work in tandem with each other and the rest of the team in assisting with social media management, content creation and campaign development, with an eye toward growing our membership and raising our public profile. Expertise in growing organic reach on Linkedin would be ideal, but someone keen to develop experience in this area would also be welcome.
- Create a weekly social post copy for Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter that can be repurposed for our Facebook group.
- Develop a Linkedin strategy to leverage maximum reach for our content with minimum ad spend.
- Help develop campaigns that attract new members to our network and help us build our authority within the broader communications industry.
- Attend bi-weekly Zoom Marcomms meetings.
- Spend 15-20 minutes each weekday answering questions and engaging with our social media audience – as well as post/react to current news/campaigns in the Impact communications space.
- Develop content for the Impact relations website in the form of well researched and written blog posts on a bi-weekly basis.
- Familiarize yourself with the brand’s language and voice to intuitively be able to confidently lead commentary on current social justice issues across social accounts.
- Optimize our current social media calendar to ensure content flow
- 10 hours a month