20 Nov Campaign of the Week | B Lab Australia & New Zealand
With the launch of B Lab’s first-ever ever office in Australia (following the slow emergence of B Corporations locally in 2014) Mkt. was tasked with officially launching B Corporations in Australia and New Zealand.
Launching the concept of B Corporations in Australia to business media who, for the most part, had never heard about what a B Corporation was and why it mattered – Mkt. was required to craft compelling stories for metro and national business writers’ who struggled with whether the ‘profit with purpose’ concept fit within their typical remit.
In addition to utilizing ‘news’ of the launch itself, B Lab co-founder, Bart Houlahan’s, Australian tour and key events being hosted by B Lab during launch phase, Mkt. also crafted feature stories for relevant media to cut through/add to the business new cycle at that time:
- The current business model – was capitalism due for a shake-up?
- The way forward for business in Australia: With the failure of government to enforce ethics in business, how can business enforce change for good?
- Is it time to redefine what is considered success in business?
- The aftermath of the GFC and looming economic threat in Australia is seeing businesses and investors re-look at priorities turning investment dollar to businesses that are valuing social and environmental responsibility – how B Corps are generating profit while creating positive impact on people and planet
- Stories told: 35+
- Total audience: 26,516,193
- Case studies/talent featured in media stories: 12x businesses from around Australia
- Coverage highlights: News.com.au (major launch feature including 3x business case studies), AFR (case study/developer feature looking at the industry embracing B Corps), Herald Sun (SME feature story looking at businesses embracing the importance of marrying profit with purpose), ABC Radio National (interview with Bart Houlahan)